T-shirts will be limited to the first 12 000 pre-entries.
Goodie bags and medals will be given to the first 12 000 participants on completion of race.* contents of goodie bags will vary
Pre-registration and collection of race numbers at Old Parktonian Sports Club
Thurs 11 Oct 10h00 - 15h30
Fri 12 Oct 10h00 - 15h30
Sat 13 Oct 09h00 - 16h00
- SPAR Women's 10km Challenge is only open to female runners aged 15 years and older. (Men wishing to participate need to dress in drag.)
- SPAR Women's 5km Run/Walk is open to females over the age of 9 years.
- Tear off strip has to be completed in full to qualify for prizes.
- Your SPAR race number must be collected from registration at Old Parktonion Sports Club on Thurs 11 October 10h00 - 15h30, Friday 12 October 10h00 - 15h30 or Saturday 13 October 09h00 - 16h00. Your race number is to be worn on the front of your running vest. Your provincial or temporary licence to be worn on the back of the vest. NO NUMBERS WILL BE POSTED.
- Your SPAR race number must be collected and age category ID tags must be worn by athletes competing for age category prizes on the front and back of their vests. No runner will be considered for an age group prize without wearing these tags during the race.
- Proof of age to be produced on request on race day. Juniors to produce original birth certificate or ID document.
- No seconding is permitted and all runners must obey marshalls and traffic officers at all times.
- Prize-giving will be at 10h00 and only those attending will be eligible to participate in the lucky draws. Live entertainment before and after prize-giving.Refreshments will be on sale.
- Final results of the SPAR Women's 10km Challenge and 5km Run/Walk results will be on the website www.spar.co.za two weeks after the race.
- Pre-entries close 28 September 2012. NB: ONLY THE FIRST 12 000 PRE-ENTRIES WILL RECEIVE A T-SHIRT, TO BE COLLECTED AT OLD PARKTONIAN SPORTS CLUB (Thursday 11 October 10h00 - 15h30, Friday 12 October 10h00 - 15h30 or Saturday 13 October 09h00 - 16h00).
- Late entries will be taken at registration on race day from 06h00 to 07h45.
- Time allowed for completing the 10km Challenge or 5km Run/Walk is 120 minutes.
- Unfortunately, no wheelchair athletes are allowed due to the nature of the course. No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- Held under the rules of A.S.A and C.G.A.
- Athletes not belonging to a club must wear the issued temporary licence number on the back and the issued race number on the front of the vest (for 10km race only).
- Athletes may qualify for the open category plus the category they are entered in.
- Registerd athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA and wear their club colours and the 2012 provincial licence number on the back and the issued race number on the front of the vest.
- Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes (before or after prize-giving) in writing to the referees accompanied by R200 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- A Mecer laptop, printer and scanner for the school with the most pre-entries (20+), and a Mecer laptop for the school with the 2nd and 3rd largest entries on completion of race only. Only pre-entries qualify for this prize. Pre-entries must be received by 28 September 2012. Only school entries of 20+ can enter for this prize and all runners must complete the race to qualify. Prize donated by Mustek Electronics.
- All participants with prams to start at the back of the field to avoid injuries to athletes running.
- Regret, athletes not allowed to participate with pets (dogs).
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from the country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
- Only South African athletes qualify for club prizes.
- Athletes must comply with domiculium rule when competing for a club prize.
START, ROUTE & FINISH VENUES
Old Parktonian Sports Club
Garden Road (Off Jan Smuts Avenue),
5km & 10km start at 08h00
Latitude: -26.108957 Longitude: 28.018461
Click here to view the route map
|Non-Licensed Athletes||R 50||R 65 (includes temp Licence)|
|Licensed Athletes||R 50||R 50|
Faxed and postal entries close 29 September 2012.
Online entries close 28 September 2012 at midnight.
- Alex SUPERSPAR, Shop 38, Alex Plaza, 3rd Avenue, Wynberg,(011) 887 2774
- Birchgate SPAR Cnr, 85 Kwartel & P91 Highway, Terenure X19,Kempton Park, (011) 393 6802
- Bloed Street SUPERSPAR, cnr Bloed & Andries Street, Pretoria,(012) 323 4021/22/23
- Boksburg City Stadium, cnr Jubilee & Dudley Smith Road, (011) 917 3721
- Broadacres SUPERSPAR, cnr Cedar & Valley, Broadacres, (011) 540 1518
- CGA Offices, Delville, Germiston,(011) 873 2726
- Glen Acres SUPERSPAR, cnr Dann & Monument Rd, Glen Marais, Kempton Park, (011) 391 4341
- Gold Reef SPAR, 117 Kilburn Road, Discovery, Roodepoort, (011) 763 3813
- Kagiso Sports Complex
- Mega SUPERSPAR, 31 North Road,Midrand, (011) 312 1817
- Orlando Community Hall,(Johannes), 129 Mooti Street,Orlando East at Arena opp Orlando Stadium, Cell: 073 944 2571
- Rant en Dal SUPERSPAR, 44 Cecil Knight St, Rant en Dal, Krugersdorp,(011) 665 1529
- Sebokeng SUPERSPAR, Thabong Shopping Centre, Moshoeshoe Road, Sebokeng, (016) 592 9704
- The Bedford Runner, 2 Bedford Arcade, van Buuren Road,Bedfordview, (011) 450 1847
- The Run-A-Way Sport, Sanlam Centre, Lynwood Manor,(012) 361 3738
- The Sweat Shop, Jan Smuts Ave,Dunkeld, (011) 325 2567
- The Sweat Shop, Fourways Value Mart, (011) 467 5966
- The Sweat Shop, Irene, Shop no 12,Southdown Shopping centre,John Vorster Ave, (012) 665 0048
- The Square SUPERSPAR, cnr Rietfontein & Rigg Rd, Jansen Park, Boksburg, (011) 823 4715
- Steve's Blackheath SUPERSPAR,cnr Beyers Naude Drive & Mountainview Ave, Blackheath,(011) 476 1000
- Stoneridge SUPERSPAR, Stoneridge Shopping Centre, cnr Hereford & Modderfontein Road, Edenvale, (011) 452 1667
- Stop & Go KWIKSPAR, cnr Blackthorn & De Wiekus Streets, Van Riebeeckpark, (011) 976 4003
- Tsakane SUPERSPAR, Tsakane Mall, cnr Malandela & Modjadji Street, Tsakane, (011) 738 3704
Completed entry form must be faxed with a bank stamped deposit slip to 011 442 5561 to confirm entry. Faxed entries close 29 September 2012 (midnight).
NB: CHEQUES AND POSTAL ORDERS MUST BE MADE OUT TO SPAR INLAND GUILD
Post to: SPAR Women’s 10km Challenge, PO Box 41077, Craighall 2024
These banking details are NOT to be used for online entries.
SPAR Guild of SA
The Spar Guild Of SA - Inland
Absa Branch: 632005
Please use your name and surname as reference.
Online entries will be vailable at www.sparwomensrace.co.za.
A nominal online entry levy will be added to the standard entry fee to cover online administration fees
10 km - competitors are required to be 15 years or older on the day of competition.
5 km - competitors are required to be 9 years or older on the day of competition.
Participants must wear a JOHANNESBURG SPAR WOMENS 10/5km race number on the front of the vest/shirt and a licence / temporary licence on the back of the vest/shirt.
ALL ARE TO BE CLEARLY VISIBLE
All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4.2 & 142.
T-SHIRTS & PROMO BAGS
Only 12 000 T-shirts and Promo Bags will be produced.
Any irregularities in your entry form will result in your entry being returned to you. In the event that a returned entry is resubmitted after the cut off number has been reached that entry will not be accepted. An administration charge of R80 may be levied on incomplete entry forms received.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ENTRIES
Confirmation of entry can be checked at www.sparwomensrace.co.za. Should a correct email address and cellphone number be supplied entrants will receive an acknowledgement of entry via email and/or sms. The organisers will not be held responsible for delivery or receipt of this confirmation.
Medals and goodie bags to the first 12 000 finishers
LUCKY DRAW PRIZES
In order to qualify for any lucky draw prizes, runners must be present at the prize giving at venue in order to qualify.
* Terms and conditions apply.